|UP Board chapter 4 Class 12th Comprehension Questions on Paras|
|Chapter name||THE HORSE|
|Chapter Number||Number 4 Comprehension Questions on Paras|
|Category||English PROSE Class 12th|
Q. Read the following passages and answer the questions given below:
(1) This time the Creator took care to employ only a little of the harder materials. To the new animal He made, He gave neither horns nor claws; He gave it teeth that
could chew but not bite. The energy he gave it was enough to make it useful on the battle-field, but He gave it no taste of its own for battles. The animal came to be
known as the horse.
- What care did the Creator take to make the new animal?
- What did He do to make the new animal harmless ?
- How was the new animal useful on the battle-field?
- What name was given to the new animal ?
- In making the new animal, the Creator took care to employ a little of the harder material.
2 The Creator did not give the horse horns and claws and made it a harmless animal
- The new animal had enough energy so it was very useful in the battle- field.
- The ‘horse’ name was given to the new animal.
(2) When life became unbearable, it kicked wildly at its prison walls. That did less injury to the wall than to the horse’s hoofs. But after constant kicks, bits of plaster began to fall off. It made Man angry. “This is what I call ingratitude“, he said: “I feed it, I have engaged servants to look after it; but the wretched animal does not see my kindness”
- How do you know that the horse was very angry?
- What injured the horse’s hoofs?
- What arrangements had the Man made for the horse ?
- How did the Man react to the horse’s behaviour ?
- The horse kicked wildly at his prison walls. It showed its anger.
- The prison walls injured the horse’s hoofs.
- Man gave it food to eat. He had engaged servants to look after it.
- Man said that this was its ingratitude.
|UP Board Syllabus Chapter 4 Class 12th English (Prose)|